Careers at PepperLabs
PepperLabs is the missing piece of the puzzle that combines the ability to feel deeply and passionately about the human experience with deep technical expertise. We implement best practices and continually learn to put people first and help other organizations to do the same. We pair and mentor on a day-to-day basis. We collaborate at all levels to engineer elegant things that delight and surprise while arriving at the essence of what people need: meaningful outcomes and more valuable, useful, and sustainable human and software systems.See our open positions
We want to create a measurable good in the world with ethical and humane organizations. Our culture is very strong and we try to keep it that way, and as a services company, our path to making this impact is to build our identity around doing exceptionally great engineering work while working with clients who make this impact themselves.
We believe that our impact doesn’t depend on our physical location and it’s absolutely possible to collaborate without a downtown office - PepperLabs was founded as a remote software development agency. On top of running a successful remote company for more than 2 years, we’ve learned how we can work together, remotely, from any desk, in any place, anytime, anywhere.
* This is not a temporary thing, we won’t be "returning to the office" and transitioning to a "hybrid model". We dig working remotely!
Perks and benefitsCoworking allowance
If you’d like to switch up your workplace and go to a co-working space, we’ll provide a monthly budget to cover you.Home office set-up
We offer a generous extra budget to help you set up a comfortable and ergonomic work environment.Parental leave
New parents get 8 weeks of parental leave.Personal development
We encourage continuous learning and offer a generous budget, plus tools to enable your growth.
Our 6 stage engineering recruitment process
We are a small company, so we recruit as such. Our process is lightweight: less than 6 hours in total (+ a 3-day paid trial).
- Review. We review applications to screen for a variety of criteria.
- Intro call. A quick online chat with one of us to get to know you a little better.
- 3-hours task. A take-home technical task to assess coding abilities.
- Tech and team fit interview. A video interview with a PepperLabs engineer and a member of the leadership team, learning more about your technical and team experiences.
- 3-day paid trial. During a 3-day paid trial, we have the chance to work with each other on a real project. It's a great opportunity to meet the team and to look into our day-to-day operations.
- Offer. We make an offer to the candidate we feel is the best fit for the role.
All roles are full-time and remote.Medior (2+ years of experience)
Are you an entry-level or junior developer, or just not seeing something relevant to you? You can tell us why we should hire you anyway.